Beneficiaries

A special thanks to the many individuals and organizations that have supported COJO over the years. COJO is pleased to be able to carry out its mandate assisting a number of child care institutions as a result of your generous contributions.

Among the organizations which have benefitted:

New Vision Children's Home

The dream of the New Vision Children's Home became a reality in 1981, when Charles and Ernestine Benson, Missionaries from the United States after working in partnership with the management of Faith Home in Stony Hill St. Andrew, felt it was time to pull out roots and replant themselves in the beautiful hills of Colleyville, Manchester.

Click here to read more.


Maxfield Park Children's Home


The Maxfield Park Children's Home was established in September 1918 and is located on 61/2 acres of land which was donated by Major Maxfield to the Government for social purposes.

Click here to read more.


Garland Hall Home


Ninety years ago, ten ( 10) women, wives and daughters of ministers of the Jamaica Baptist Union(JBU), got together at the Mission House of the Bethel Town Baptist Church in the parish of Westmoreland, at the invitation of the Rev. & Mrs. Miller.

Click here to read more.


Granville Child Care Facility


Granville Child Care Facility, the brainchild of two Probation Officers was established 55 years ago (September 1954) as a safe haven for children who could not return home for a number of reasons.

Click here to read more.


Muirton Boys Home


Located in the parish of Portland, Muirton Child Care Facility is accommodated on what is now part of a former great house which encompassed 29 acres of land. The Home was established in 1978 with a contingent of thirty (30) boys.

Click here to read more.


Windsor Child Care Facility


The Windsor Child Care Facility, established in 1977, is located two kilometers from the eastern side of St. Ann's Bay, St. Ann. The facility is operated by the Government of Jamaica and has the capacity to house 60 females, ages 12 to 18 years.
Click here to read more.


Windsor Lodge


Since 1972, The Windsor Lodge Children's Home has been nurturing and making a difference in the lives of thousands of children from all across Jamaica. The mission of The Home is to provide for children physically, spiritually and mentally. The children at The Home are mostly from sexually or physically abusive homes that experience social, behavioural as well as learning challenges.
Click here to read more.


Alpha Boys' School


Alpha Boys School was founded by the Sisters of Mercy more than 100 years ago. It is located at 26 South Camp Road, Kingston and caters to boys who are abused, abandoned, neglected or orphaned and are deemed to be in need of care and protection. The facility accepts boys who are wards of the State as well as some who are privately placed.
Click here to read more.



Glenhope Nursery

The Glenhope Nursery is one of thirteen (13) Government operated Child Care institutions in Jamaica. The facility, situated on premises owned by Government, accommodates approximately fifty (5) babies and toddlers who have been abandoned, abused, neglected, orphaned or disabled and as a consequence are in need of care and protection.
Click here to read more.




Musgrave Girls Home


The Musgrave Girls Home, one of thirteen (13) Government operated facilities was established in the late 1970s to accommodate adolescent girls who are made wards of the State. As a residential facility, Musgrave Girls Home presently houses 45 girls between the ages 10-18 years.
Click here to read more.



Marigold Child Care Centre

The Marigold Child Care Centre was established in 1975. It has been at its present location at 58½ Lady Musgrave Avenue since December 12, 1987. It is a government operated place of safety and accommodates fifty (50 babies and toddlers who are deemed to be in need of care and protection.
Click here to read more.


Windward Road Primary & Junior High School

The Windward Road Primary & Junior High School began in 1935 as the Windward Road Elementary School. It was located at the St. Patrick's Church of which it is an affiliate.
The school was later relocated to its present location at 141 Windward Road. The school currently has a population of one thousand six hundred and three (1603) students and a complement of sixty three (63) members of staff including the Principal Mr. Norman Malcolm and two (2) Vice - Principals.
Click here to read more.


City of Refuge Child Care Facility

The City of Refuge Child Care Facility is owned and operated by the Assemblies of God in Jamaica. The facility is licenced by the Honourable Minister of Health and Environment on the recommendation of the Child Development Agency which is consistently with the provisions of the Children's Homes Regulations.
Click here to read more.


Glenhope Place of Safety

Glenhope Place of Safety is owned and operated by the Child Development Agency which is an Executive Agency within the Ministry of Health and Environment.

This facility caters to approximately 80 girls who have been removed from their families as being in need of care and protection or having committed an offence.
Click here to read more.


St. Augustine Place of Safety

St. Augustine Place of Safety is owned and operated by the Child Development Agency which is an Executive Agency within the Ministry of Health and Environment.

This facility carters to approximately 50 boys who have been removed from their families as being in need of care and protection or having committed an offence.
Click here to read more.


Summerfield Residential Child Care Facility

The Summerfield Residential Child Care Facility is located in North Central Clarendon in the district of Summerfield near Chapleton.

The facility began operation in 1976 with 16 boys. The home now accommodates 45 boys between the ages of nine to eighteen years of age who have been made wards of the State deemed to be in need of Care and Protection.
Click here to read more.



Manning Child Care Facility

Located on a hill, Manning Child Care Facility resides in the quiet farming district of Southfield in the 'basket parish' of St. Elizabeth. Formerly a sugar estate owned by the late Sir John Manning, the lands were subdivided, and a 26 acre potion earmarked for the establishment of a home for children in need of care and protection.
Click here to read more.


Homestead Child Care Facility

Located in the cool climes of Stony Hill, St Andrew, Homestead Child Care Facility is situated on approximately two (2) acres of land; and, caters exclusively to the needs of girls remanded to the facility for care and protection; uncontrollable behaviour; and/or on criminal charges.
Click here to read more.

 

The Work Of COJO



Make A Donation

Upcoming Events
COJO Annual Summer Soiree, Saturday, July 22, 2017


COJO Annual Scholarship Gala Saturday, December 02, 2017 at the Hilton Hotel, JFK. For information on tickets and sponsorship call 1-888-275-0121


Join Our Mailing List
Sign-up to receive updates and show your support for the valuable work COJO does in helping children in Jamaica.
Click Here For Details

 

 

 

 

 

 



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Copyright © 2000- Children of Jamaica Outreach Inc. All rights reserved.

Designed by GoJamaica